Dispensaries have to overcome many industry-specific hurdles. Not only is it tricky to obtain a transaction account for cannabis, but it’s also difficult to keep up with complicated compliance regulations. In addition, when it comes to advertising your business, cannabis operators have a harder time than entrepreneurs in other industries. This can pose a big problem because it may halt the growth of your company.
Keep reading to find out how to navigate these obstacles and find the best tactics for marketing your dispensary. With well-thought out advertising, you’ll have more customers lining up at your door and your revenue will increase.
How do you promote a dispensary?
Advertising for cannabis operators is just as heavily regulated as licensing and other aspects of the industry. For example, you can’t count on:
- Social media ads
- Google Ads
- TV commercials (they may be permitted in some locations)
- Print advertising is only permitted under certain conditions
These restrictions make it particularly difficult to reach customers, especially if you’re new in the industry and still looking for your niche. This means you have to get creative and find novel ways to expand your customer base and keep existing customers coming back. Here are a few ideas that you may find useful.
1. Take advantage of digital marketing
These days, what happens online is what truly matters. There are multiple possibilities for marketing your brand on the Internet, like:
- Informative and up-to-date website: Potential customers will typically first go to your website to search for relevant information. Since it’s their introduction to your brand, make sure that it accurately reflects it and generates leads.
- Public relations: Raise awareness of your brand and educate the public about your product with a comprehensive PR campaign. It will maximize your reach and convey a message that accurately depicts your company.
- Search engine optimization: Drive more traffic to your website by making it SEO-friendly. The most effective way to get results fast is to hire a skilled specialist who can rank you higher on Google.
- Organic social media advertising: While you aren’t allowed to pay for ads of social media platforms, you can still post about your brand and engage your customers this way. Stay active and reply to comments to maximize engagement.
- User-generated content: Tell customers that you’d appreciate their feedback on social media and hand out business cards that contain your social media handles. Authentic comments send your prospective customers a clear message that you’re a reliable company.
Your tactics should generally be geared toward raising awareness about your product and addressing common misconceptions about cannabis.
2. Establish a loyalty program
A great way for a dispensary to boost sales is to set up a customer loyalty program. Once you’ve established a relationship of trust with your consumer, you need to keep them interested. There are many possibilities that you can consider, such as membership perks, freebies for long-time customers, and discount cards with points.
3. Start a referral campaign
Word-of-mouth recommendations are genuine and people tend to trust them more than any other kind of marketing. You can give customers a gentle nudge in the direction of recommending your business. Encourage them by giving them a special discount if they refer their loved ones to you.
How can I make my dispensary stand out?
If you couple proven marketing techniques with a quality offer, you’ll have an excellent chance of making a name for yourself in the cannabis industry. Develop a comprehensive strategy for your business, apply it consistently over a longer period of time, and tweak it as necessary.
Where can I open the best transaction account for cannabis dispensaries?
All the marketing in the world can’t help a business that doesn’t have its financial operations in order. To make sure that the financial needs of cannabis operators are fully met, Confia has created a system of streamlined services.
By working with us, you’ll be able to offer your clients an optimal customer experience. They’ll purchase quality goods using our secure and effortless POS payment system. This can make a favorable impression and contribute to building your reputation.
Reach out to us to receive honest, reasonably priced, and industry-specific financial services. Stop worrying about inefficient and sluggish solutions and take a shortcut to success!